Summer vacations are on the ride!! Children are excited as there exams are coming to an end and they will be able to enjoy holidays for a long time without the pressure to go to the school for at least two months. It is a fun time that has been allocated to children to invest into their hobbies, make pre requisite arrangements for their new session and the most exciting part is to explore the different locations all around the world along with the family. So, vacations can be termed as synonymous to fun, excitement, happiness and zeal.
So, if you are planning for a vacation outside the country with your family in these summers, we bring to you Flighthub which is an online based travel company in the realms of Cornwall, U.K. The Flighthub is a well known travel company that deals with the services related to booking of tickets at affordable prices and in a much convenient way. But in the recent times, there have been numerous complaints pouring in which had led to lay a negative emphasis on the reputation of the company.
Know what the better business Bureau has to say about Flighthub
Now let us know what the Better Business Bureau has to say about this travel company: –
- The Better Business Bureau (BBB) has provided the F rating to Flighthub and also undergone a withdrawal for its BBB accreditation with the onset of several complaints that are still unresolved by the company’s end.
- Attempts were being made to find solutions to the various complaints coming in, but still complaints of a similar pattern are still driving in, which in turn is creating a sense of anger in the minds of customers.
- Complaints coming in are several types ranging from irregular customer services and related issues to unexplained increase in the price tickets. This has led to a lot of dissatisfaction due to the improper services problems among trhe customers.
- The frustration level has been rising among the customers due to the unresolved issues that have been increasing day by day. The dissatisfaction level among the consumers creates a mess for the company too as there are about 10 to 15 calls pouring in a day and solutions are nowhere at the other end. The do get promises about the payment of their tickets or refunds but ultimately there have been no positive outcome from the company’s end.
- Adding to the negative impacts that has brought the company into a distorting position, along with BBB, the Travel Industry Council of Ontario which is responsible for regulating the travel and tourism services in the province of Cornwall has also received a number of complaints about the travel company but due to the norms and confidentiality issues, it is restricted to comment on any of the particulars about the same on the media.
However, till the recent times, Flighthub has not reacted to any of the requests for giving its respective comments made by the CBC News over the past few days.