Are you looking for an exciting adventure in a new exotic country? Thailand is one of the best options available for a motorcycle tour, as it offers a complete array of different landscapes and activities. From rice fields to dazzling island beaches, going from buzzing Bangkok to calm tribe villages of the north, Thailand is a great country to be discovered with a motorbike. How to organize yourself before heading there?
First of all, make sure you have the appropriate budget before leaving. Thailand is a well-known country to have an interesting value for money in terms of food and accommodation. If you decide on a small budget beforehand, you will be able to adjust on your standards of living’s expectations there.
You will be able to find street food in every big city, prices ranging from 20 to 100 baht (0,50 to 2,50 €) for a full plate of local specialty. Try a Tom Yum Goong (spicy shrimp soup), a Pad Thai (Thai style fried noodles) or a Pad Krapow Moo Saap (fried basil and pork). Yum!
For the accommodation, you will be able to find very standard guesthouses at 150 baht per night to luxury five-star hotels.
Regarding the rental of motorcycles, count 150 to 450 baht (5 to 15 €) per day, depending on your choice of bike.
With its 514 000 km2, Thailand has different climates from North to South. Depending on where you go, weather won’t be the same from one season to another.
Best season for riding in North Thailand is from November to February then March to May. Between these periods, temperatures can go very high. From March to November, the monsoon season causes rain to fall at its heaviest.
The Southern part of the country has different climate constraints. On the West coast it can rain a lot and be stormy from April to October, while on the East coast most rain falls between September and December.
Globally, the country is tropical and humid most of the year.
Thailand motorcycle tours are a great way to enjoy a nice ride across the country and discover every landscape it has to offer. But what about the time on which you’re not on your motorcycle and want to enjoy some time off? Here are our recommendations of fun stuff to do.
- Have a fish spa: treat yourself and get little fish to come to remove dead skin and impurities – very common in Thailand!
- Visit the Temple of the reclining Buddha: This 43 meter gold statue located in Wat Poh will impress you without any doubt.
- Take a tuk tuk: this very cheap means of transport will give you a glimpse of the local way of living.
- Eat insects: be brave and buy some from street stalls for a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Visit Bangkok’s Grand Palace: discover Thai’s culture in Bangkok with these intricate painted white and gold temples
Now saddle up and enjoy your ride!